Monday, October 12, 2009

Installing a program on an APPLE computer! help?

I bought an APPLE computer shortly after christmas. I now want to install a game called The Sims 2. When I put the cd in, the installer helper pops up and i click install, but an alert pops up and days The Sims 2 needs at least 1 MB of free space, and advices me to clean my drive. My friend told me to talk any pictures I have on my computer and upload it to a photo hosting web site, I did that, and it still alerts me of the same problem, so she says to delete some of my 906 songs I have in my iTunes, YEAH RIGHT! lol Let%26#039;s just say thats were the experimenting STOP!



please give me knowlegdable advice.



Thank You!!!!!!!!!!



remember: I%26#039;m new to this computer please be thorough



Installing a program on an APPLE computer! help?





You can%26#039;t continue after that? 1 meg is nothing. don%26#039;t delete your stuff. make sure Sims is Mac compatible. and try again. highlight your HD and press Apple + i. YOu should have plenty of drive space and plenty of ram. my guess is its a Windows program if you can%26#039;t load it.



Installing a program on an APPLE computer! help?



1 meg of free space is very small. I%26#039;m surprised it%26#039;s running at all - is this an old Apple computer?



Uploading your photos isn%26#039;t a bad idea - it does store them in a second place - but then you need to delete them from your hard drive. Otherwise, all you%26#039;ve done is put copies somewhere else, but not freed up any space.



Other Replys:you need to uninstall some programs you don%26#039;t need to make space on you computer memory. SIM2 i think that game need a big memory. Go to the control panel the Add/ Remove program and then delete some program that you think your not using. Deleting some song will help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment