Saturday, October 24, 2009

Suggestions on how to lower website memory usage?

My web host is telling me that my website is using too much memory. I did everything I can think of to bring it down, but unfortunately it%26#039;s still much higher than what%26#039;s acceptable. Any suggestions on how I can lower the memory usage of my website is welcome. BTW, my site is in PHP, content only (no chats, forums, etc). I do have Wordpress installed with a number of plugins enabled.



Thanks in advance.



Suggestions on how to lower website memory usage?





Make sure that all of your images are converted/scaled to a small size.



For example: If you have a picture that is 800 pixels by 600pxls and you are displaying it a 160pxls x 120pxls, shrink it down to 160pxls by 120pxls!



You don%26#039;t need high-res pictures if they don%26#039;t need to be enlarge or viewed closer.



(Use the Gimp for image editing... http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.h... )



Suggestions on how to lower website memory usage?



FIREFOX !!!!!



GET IT !



SEE THE DIFFERENCE!!!



Other Replys:If you have the WP-Cache module installed, that might be the problem. Caching increases the speed of the site by using additional memory. Try disabling it.



You can manually set the memory limit with this:



ini_set(%26quot;memory_limit%26quot;,%26quot;16M%26quot;);



To whatever you need, of, if you have access to the php.ini file, you can add it there.



I%26#039;m not too familiar with Word Press, but without knowing what modules you%26#039;re running, and what the memory limit is, and how much you are using, there%26#039;s not much more I can say.



Hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment