Friday, October 30, 2009

Website contact form v email address?

I had my email address on my old website and got lots of spam. I was told that a contact form is the best way to prevent spam so I%26#039;ve created one for my new site. I%26#039;ve now been told by my web host that you get a million times more spam through a contact form. Has anyone had any experience of this? Any suggestions? Thanks.



Website contact form v email address?





Try add image verification to the form. Like an image with a number, then the user has to enter the corresponding image number in the field.



See this link ( http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/user-a... )



Ignore the user authentication but just use the image authentication part. Spam bots cannot read these and your spam should lower.



Website contact form v email address?



Try this: http://www.bestcontactform.com Report It



Other Replys:adding to the comments below also consider getting a bayesian filter for filtering out your spam. If you use outlook, there is a free one call outclass. It works quite well.



Other Replys:You could put your email address into an image. Most Graphic programs allow you to add text, so just add the text of your email address to a blank picture, save ti as a jpeg, then upload that to your web site. Most spammers ignore graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment