Saturday, October 24, 2009

Php nuke site loads slow?

I made a php nuke site, www.northhillssoccer.org



and it is taking me 4-5 seconds to load some pages...my web host has 250 gb%26#039;s of bandwitdh a month and 5 gb%26#039;s space,



my computer has 1.5 gb ram and a 3500+ AMD 64 cpu



Why is my site running slow?



Php nuke site loads slow?





I tried your web-site and it appeared to be working acceptably.



It sounds like you are on a multi-host platform, as a general rule if you pay less than say $100 / month for your presence, you probably are.



If this is the case then your host computer is likely hosting many sites, not just your own site. So as a result when the traffic increases on several sites at once all sites will lag a bit and take longer to load.



4-5 seconds shouldn%26#039;t be too bad, but if it climbed into the 10-20 I would be up in arms with the provider.



More technical info --



I%26#039;m pretty sure you are multi-hosted, I ping%26#039;d your URL and then entered the IP into a web-brower address bar http://82.165.132.186 and it came back with error-document not found. If you had a dedicated IP address it should have loaded your site anyway (this is the accepted norm on the internet), hence you more than likely at least have a shared IP address.

No comments:

Post a Comment