Monday, October 12, 2009

Installing a program on an Apple computer! help?

I bought an APPLE computer shortly after christmas. I now want to install a game called The Sims 2. When I put the cd in, the installer helper pops up and i click install, but an alert pops up and days The Sims 2 needs at least 1 MB of free space, and advices me to clean my drive. My friend told me to talk any pictures I have on my computer and upload it to a photo hosting web site, I did that, and it still alerts me of the same problem, so she says to delete some of my 906 songs I have in my iTunes, YEAH RIGHT! lol Let%26#039;s just say thats were the experimenting STOP!



please give me knowlegdable advice.



Thank You!!!!!!!!!!



remember: I%26#039;m new to this computer please be thorough



Installing a program on an Apple computer! help?





How much drive space do you have left? You can offload files onto an external drive if you have one. Delete unneeded apps and files, especially the bundled apps you don%26#039;t use. You can reinstall them from the Install Disks if you need them later on. Download Monolingual and run it to delete unneeded language files, iTunes alone has 20 MB worth of language files. Just remember DO NOT choose English for deletion, you will need to install OS X and lose all your files if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment