Sunday, May 23, 2010

How can i view my site on the internet even without connection to my hardrive?

i alrdy hv my domain name nd web host.i can even view my site wen i typ my site name to the browser.my prblm is dat, wen my cmptr hard drve, wer the orgnal html fyls wer made, is off, i can still open my site but it can no longer link to the linkd pages. i hav uploadd my other linkd fyls but it seems not to work.what changes should i do?



How can i view my site on the internet even without connection to my hardrive?





...Since you mentioned you have uploaded your other files, have you updated your HTML code to actually refer to the newly uploaded files? Because if you didn%26#039;t, it will still refer to the files linked inside your computer.



How can i view my site on the internet even without connection to my hardrive?



You could start by using English, then maybe people can understand you.



Other Replys:Sorry, you can%26#039;t type well enough to do this



Other Replys:Is English your first language?



Perhaps you could try to ask this in the Japanese version.



Other Replys:If your computer has been your site before heaps of times it will come up with out connecting.. but only the front page.. you really have to be online..



Other Replys:your computer won%26#039;t even startup without your hard drive



Other Replys:Hwo cna u axes it iff it ain%26#039;t on?



Other Replys:what is scary is I almost understood your question,Almost....



Other Replys:If you used Frontpage to create your website, you will have problems if you linked to files locally (i.e. on your computer). Check the base HTML link code with a text editor and check to see if you have something like



%26lt;a href=%26quot;C:\My Documents\mysite\mypage.html%26quot;%26gt;Link Name%26lt;/a%26gt;



You need to change this to something like



%26lt;a href=%26quot;mypage.html%26quot;%26gt;Link Name%26lt;/a%26gt; if the file is in the same directory on your web server, or



%26lt;a href=%26quot;directory/path/mypage.html%26quot;%26gt;Link Name%26lt;/a%26gt; if the files are in a sub-directory on your web server.



Note the difference in the direction of the %26#039;slashes%26#039; between the directory names.



Also please write correct English, unless you%26#039;re dyslexic, in which case I apologise.

No comments:

Post a Comment