Sunday, May 23, 2010

Do you need to pay to change the theme (Other than the default choices) of your Wordpress account.?

I have a free account on wordpress, and i went to themes.wordpress.org to look for some new themes to use. I downloaded one and the Wordpress 2.15 or whatever folder and unzipped the theme folder into the themes folder in the wordpress folder.



I don%26#039;t have a web host or anything like that. So do I have to pay to change my Wordpress theme (using something other than then the default ones under presentation)?



Do you need to pay to change the theme (Other than the default choices) of your Wordpress account.?





If you have a free WordPress account (i.e., YourName.wordpress.com), then no, you can%26#039;t change the themes beyond what is provided for you unless you pay for the account - I think it%26#039;s $15. I think, though, that you can customize some of them with your own images. So if you find a layout you like, you could change the title image at the top of the page, for instance.



Or, you could get your own domain, install WordPress, and use any themes and plug-ins that you like! (That%26#039;s what I did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment