Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dot Net Nuke Software Question!?

Is this (Read Below) is possible in Dot Net Nuke version 4.5.3 and if so how?



I want to have a link on my now existing static home page that takes the user to a login screen that also has other generic information on it. If the user has to register, they register but before being granted privileages I have to validate them. When the user does login I want them to be taken to their own specialized page that was made for them by me. They will have downloads and other stuff on their page that are specific for them.



Is this possible? Please let me know someone! Dot Net Nuke%26#039;s support system is crap and so is my web host!!! I just need to know if I need to find another software or how to do it with this one. Thanks!



Dot Net Nuke Software Question!?





This isn%26#039;t possible with the out of the box DNN setup. You may have to find a custom module to handle this.



The problem is that DNN doesn%26#039;t really differentiate content based on a User ID. If a user is registered, they can access any module that allows for it. You%26#039;d have to manually add them to an access list of the repository module.



You could, however, alter the repository module to display downloads based on the logged-in User.



Dot Net Nuke Software Question!?



The repository module comes with DNN. It%26#039;s just one of the standard modules that can be added to a page (such as the links module, HTML module, document management module etc...) Report It



Other Replys:What, huh, cant be? What the is Dot Net Nuke?



Anyway what you want to do is when you validate the user against (I assume a database) us a unique id for each users that directs them to their own personaly page. Have fun,

No comments:

Post a Comment